Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What do you think about Before Major Surgery*


Hello there, only 1 more day! Before surgery there is this feeling of - OH MY GOD?...I have been pretty tough up until a week bfore. My fears are more about my appearance...and I am not ever worried about looks, or make up or my hair being this or that, i am more of a sophisticated Tom boy - more into sports and living life!....NEVERTHELESS, i am very scared because this is my face...this is my identity...so you may experinece this. At times, people remind me how scary it is to go into a surgery? i dont really know, never had one (lucky me) so I want to have that ignorance. I feel extremely vulnerable and there are a lot of flashbacks of my life and me connecting the dots to why things were the way they were, like me running out of air in hikes, or swimming or biking.....why i had such a terrible memory (Ask Mercedes, or for that matter, any of my friends...they remember all the details, I barely remember yesterday) - so, there are a lot of trade offs with this surgery - in looking at it with a positive attitude....i will be able to breath, no mask at night, no danger of my heart stopping, no more air blockage (55x an hour was way too much) healthier lungs, living ...and the list goes on. I just hope my physical apperance wont be too drastic.




Well, I know you are all thinking of me and I wish I could call each of you….however, email will be faster ;o) and a good practice. First of all, let me start by saying that there are many moments during the day that I count my blessings for having you as my family and friends!.

My niece Janae, called last night to tell me that her choir at church sang a song with my name in it at mass yesterday, isn’t’ that amazing?

I am very thrilled to report my meeting this am with the Surgeon. After Dr. Li studied further my physiognomy and given the results of this month’s tests, the movement of my upper jaw will be smaller than originally thought. It will still be significant, 10mm, but hey! I will take 3 mm any day! I will be leaving my home on Wed at 4:45 am. Heading to Stanford Hospital. The surgery will be that day and the Dr. anticipates I will be home by Friday morning, so, much shorter than originally, all good news!

A lot of you have asked for my info, i sent it in email. One day this blog will be public.


Also, many of you want to call, we are not sure if the phone will work at Stanford (or if we can even have it) so here is Mom’s email xoxox She will check it at night and get back to you with an update. – this is the best way ;o).

As for home phone, its my cell – 813-382-9263 – I know talking to my mom is much more fun than me, so I will tell you that if you want to talk to me…..it will be YOU doing all the talking, for at least 6 weeks ;o). however, I can certainly type. My yahoo instant message will be up every now and then….Also, I will email from here or Yahoo address – I prefer to transition back to yahoo for these type of stuff – xoxoxo (there is an underscore after anabelle_pinto.


Thank you to Mimi from across street in South Tampa, she has put my name in her church for now the past 6 weeks, so every Sunday her congregation prays for me…pretty powerful - Adriana, Roxana and Juliette are constantly asking questions and keeping me laughing by telling me how skinny I am going to be ;o)…Rebecca has been a top nurse and an incredible friend thru this process. Rosa, from Tampa has introduced me to sor Eucebia , who is dear to her heart. Kippie, Rossi, Leta, Coco, Terri, Brenda, Kim and Bruce, Alec & Astrid from Tampa are also keeping me in their prayers…..Juliette & Maya visit me often and Adriana gave me a beautiful angel and some wonderful readings to take with me to the surgery. Roxanna also gave me a beautiful picture of us, she’s my rock!. Pam has been an incredible support too. My sister in law, who I call Eunice….has the most fascinating energy and peacefulness to prepare me.

Melissa, my girlfriend from jr. high gave me a beautiful prayer stone that is very meaningful to her and now me. Many friends from work have been right by my side and Noni & her family, Elena and Shasta did a wonderful dinner for us last night.. well, just as I thought when I began writing this email the list is so long…… and from Gestalt: precious Smokey, wonderful George, Princess Portia, Whit, Felicia, Veronica & Karen….these people are just some of the few wonderful beings in my list. Last but not least, my family from Tampa, Venezuela and Spain I talk to just about every day and grandma in Spain, who will 94 next week, has shared some amazing words of wisdom, and if you know her, you know….This is starting to sound like last night’s Oscar’s speeches, but sincerely….i am so appreciative of all of you in my life and even thought I may not write every name and what you are doing to support me, know that I am thankful for having you as my gift in life thru this time and always.

So again, between my parents, family and each of you, who have done or said something special to touch my heart, THANK YOU, I appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts for Wednesday and beyond. I am immensely thankful, as I do believe in the power of prayer.

All my love & big Kiss,

Anabelle

No comments: