Tuesday, March 20, 2007

More pics - X-rays***

Fromage...




These two x-ray images represent what's inside the "fromage" smile....He is pretty great when it comes to the outside of your face, i must add... The left is before the surgery, notice the nose closed and notice no extra nails except a lovely bridge done by my favorite dentist Dr. Davis. if you examine the second picuture you notice the 4 'breaks' in the lower jaw and the pins. Now what is impressive about this second x-ray are the placks holding the cheek bone to the top jaw. Some work huh? I still think my surgeon is a magician...he did this thru two little cuttings in the sides of my face about 1/3 of an inch each. This last one is a picture from behind, you see my lovely 6 nails, 3 in each cheekbone....now I am totally wireshot so that none of this moves....just to think he has to do the top tomorrow 3/21...but this time only 2 hours. Amazing huh?


The XRays show that there is a small plate on each side of the lower jaw, each with 4 screws. On the upper jaw there is a similar plate and also and "L" shaped plate. Additionally there are 2 screws on each side of the lower jaw near the back, and an assortment of metal wires running from teeth to bone on top and bottom in the front. The good news, if you can believe it is that my Dr. said my swelling is way below normal and no signs of infection!

No comments: