Tuesday, March 20, 2007

2nd Surgery tomorow! 3_21_07*


This is my day 21 after First Surgery - I know I look like a "wanted" ad, however, this is reaylly good if you could have seen me just 3 days ago. So you are wondering - Why again, why do I have yet another surgery? well, I can give you the explanation that is rational. My top jaw is off 2mm (not forward) but off centered. My nose is not centered either...the bones in the jaws are not settling. You can imagine after braking a jaw in 6 places, operating for 6 hours, and even though I have the best doctor in the world....operating in the face with so many bones, nerves, muscles....your etc....it is, nevertheless, a very difficult operation. Everything has to fit perfectly, Thank God that one of the amazing vitues of the universe it's "healing".... So, back to why this surgery?...ahh yes, Yes, I am off centered, so we must go back and try again. I was extremely shocked, sad and without dispair....Friday when I got the news, that was suppost to be the consultation, where my outer hard wires would come off and I could talk a little and eat a little more than just liquids....but nope, the news is - we must go back. So the surgery tomorrow is at 1:00 pm PST and it will last 2 hours. (updated this blog 3 days after, actual surgery time was 5)...
My parents are still with me, of course, I have received beautiful supporting words from my family and friends and I am confident that I will do beautiful as I did on the first one. This is a big wave, and I will ride it, i wont let it crush me. So until the next surf report.....Take care and thank you for your energy and prayers.

No comments: