Monday, March 19, 2007

March 16 *- news....not so good ...a 2nd Surgery

It's been a little while since I write, its because the first 2 weeks after surgery were pretty good! had tons of high energy and frankly was so relieved it was over....I thought, aha! crossed that bridge.


I was sleeping so much (clearly pay back from all the years i did not) that my energy levels were very high. Then this Monday, i started to feel very tired and my pain was not decreasing but increasing....I slept one day 14 hours!!! and then took a siesta the same day, still feeling pretty crappy. I never knew anyone could sleep that much. This was pretty much all week, so i had no visitors and took it very easy. I saw my surgeon on Monday, he put some wax around my lovely wires and all was good....took mom and dad for a pick nick and then slept some more.


So after this week; I knew I'd have some good news to give you, perfect timing for writing! I like to give good news...there's enough stuff going on the world to get another email that it's not a happy one.....


Following the 'normal' process would mean that next week ,week 4, my arch bars and some of the lovely hardware in my mouth is coming off. In essense this would allow me to talk a little (God knows this is been one of the hardest things ;o)), eat with a spoon, rather than thru a siringe and, last but not least, have less swelling because the wax covering the wires would also be gone!



The truth is.... the natural course did not happen ;o( My consultation today was very different than expected. The surgeon told me that....are you sitting down? really? thank God I was....I must do one more surgery, yes, surgery again! ;o(



He gave me the options of waiting 6 months but he really recommended that it gets done now, since the bone has not completely bonded to its new position. We must undo and re-do the top jaw 2 mm to the left and re-do the bottom part of ny nose. It's not lining up like expected - So, rather than coming to an end...here I go again.



I will be hospitalized next Tuesday at Stanford University at 1:00 pm - the surgery will be 2 hours, smaller than the first one and i will be in the hospital 3 days. that's it! I am truly bummed.


Well, in keeping with my positive spirit....(what's left of it)...I am sure after all this, i must be just beautiful!


So please, one more time, since it truly worked the last time... turn on all the little candles, pray to all the saints, Gods, Buddahs and wonderful people you did last time, and send me all the positive and healthy energy you did on February 28th....this time focus on March 20 at 1:00 pm California time! Mom and Dad are still with me and holding strong!


Much love,

No comments: