Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Little News




Hi everyone, i have had little computer time for several reasons, one is because I can talk now and move about out of the couch.... another is lack of connectivity and the third is that the storm has passed and things are improving very very well, very very slow, but well. I miss the frequent interaction with my friends, and I get a good laugh and a great feeling when i get complaints about "hey, why arent you updateing your blog" ....I do feel special, he, he,he. After thinking about time and who I wanted to be with, I decided to go to Spain with my folks. I also get to visit with my grandma, she's my 94 year old inspiration and role model. I sleep a lot, eat well and enjoy the weather and my nieces, nephews and dear cousin Ana. This sure beats the hospital.... (LOL). I dont have access to internet at my parent's since we are here for such a short period of time, so I dont check emails or the blog often.






I did have many messages from new people who are going to do similar surgeries and were seeking information....ahhh, one of my wishes came thru - to be able to be an instrument of help thru my experience.

As for me, spirits are up, flowers are blooming, breathing is impecable, sleeping is ok as long as I take my insomnia meds(10 hours or more), otherwise, still struggiling to battle insomnia, but iit will come - My goal is July. My body is getting stronger and i have a much more balanced digestive system, not 100% consistently but much improvement. I think it has a lot to do with my ability to move and be able to exercise and I am down to only one med as opposed to 6! My upper lip is at 90% painfree and the nerv and muscle connection are noticable every day. My lower left quadrant is 60% and my lower right and chin, still numb, no feeling. The gums still excert pressure against the teeth as they are re-aligning and finding their new home. I still find temparature changes to impact my teeth, so i am careful about extremes...My face is recovering well, not used to it but at least I now have more definition to my face and the cheeckbones are showing up =).
So, all is looking up and progressing well (slow) but well.
I leave you with my latest learning - Keeping a positive mind is the simple ingredient, at the same time as being and accepting 'what is'. It takes diligent work to stay well connected with a holistic view of myself, the total person. This healing time reveals the importance of recognizing the unity of my mind, body, emotions, and spirit. I am working hard to continue to be aware of the present moment without falling in missing so much what I am used to....this is a new life, I got a new lease in life!...I do miss my co-workers and amazing energy and satisfaction I get from my professional life and Cisco and I look forward to my return. It has been a very fulfilling journey that has helped me free energy that was locked in only few parts of my life. I live more fully and effectively, very centered in my experience, I reach up and out daily to take what the world has to offer with an open mind and without any physical or emotional attachements.
much happiness and health,
Anabelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am meeting with Dr. Li in about a week and I am going the route of MMA as advised by Stanford. Thank you for the nice blog, it really helps making the final step to surgery easier. :-)

All the best in your continued recovery

Stormy Weather

hylzz said...

hello :) first of all, THANK YOU for keeping this blog. i'm having MMA and genioplasty in two days, and i'm on the verge of totally freaking out. however, knowing that others have made it through this helps a lot. also, knowing generally what to expect is a great help in being prepared. i wonder, do you have any recipes for the liquid diet that you particularly liked? (and by "liked" i mean...the ones that were relatively better than the rest) you've inspired me to keep my own blog in hopes of sharing my experience and helping others like you have. so again, thank you, and best wishes!

- Hilary